Monday, June 11, 2007

Rome was a bit of an overwhelming city, but we saw what we should have. Dad, I have a great picture of a New Holland tractor in the Vatican City pulling some boundary markers around! I lost my sunglasses, but didnt realize it until like 15 minutes later, so we had to retrace our steps, but they were still there on the ledge by the Pantheon! YEAH! This campground will be hard to leave, we've had fun here. Yesterday we met a couple from Holland and told them how many traditions we still keep up as Dutch Canadians and they were so shocked! It was funny. Tomorrow we take a plane to Athens. Hard to believe. Thanks to our parents who write each time - Katy and I love you! To others: don't be intimidated by there love for us, post away! haha. Hopefully I'll write again soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We look forward to seeing that pic! I am sooo happy for you that you found your sun glasses~ but that is typically you!! How cool to be in Athens tomorrow...we will think of you when we are in Athens too!! It has been very hot here too and this week it will be in the 30c as well. Love you lots, hugs & prayers.
Mom & Dad

Mary Lou and Ron Donkersloot said...

Hey Karen!
Pretty amazing that the sungalsses were still there. I hope you guys don't misplace things too many times!
Safe travels to Athens. We love reading your posts!

Anonymous said...

hey karen!! (and katie) so i am super jealous of you too, next time im coming with hehe!!! but i am really glad to hear you guys are having a good time!! i hope are still getting enough sleep, u dont want to run out of energy lol!!! love you guys!

Anonymous said...

ps.... that last post was from loraine hehe... and sos is this one!! oops

Anonymous said...

WOW...every time I check your blog I have to call the boys over to see your pictures or to read with me about your amazing adventure. We are glad you are well and safe. Continue to enjoy it all.
We are counting the days for school to be over...Summer weather is here and the report cards are not yet done! Yikes...almost as scary as your adventures. lol
Best wishes!
Aunt Diane, Uncle John and boys